Advertisement
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Bass guitar played through guitar amp?

Registered Users Posts: 1 Robisintp

Hi

Has anyone played bass through a guitar amp? Does it damage the speakers terminally? I'll be using headphones if that makes a difference?

Looking to buy both a bass guitar and guitar during the sales friday and was hoping to avoid buying 2 amps.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• You'll need to be very careful playing a bass through a guitar amp. Keep the bass output as low as possible. You'd be better off buying a bass amp and playing both through that.

• So far I haven't had much happen wrong with it personally, but I wouldn't try it with an amp I particularly like. Mine has a rattly distorted sound when I turn it to a reasonably loud level which I like but getting a clean sound isnt the easiest. I think you'd be more fine going with headphones than with the speaker since that's definitely a factor of the amp dying

• Also I second the guitar through a bass amp, that seems like a better idea than the reverse

Advertisement