Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Einhell or Worx handheld circular saw?

Options
  • 24-11-2021 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking at buying one of these, mainly for oddjobs around the house and small projects.

Which of these two would be the better option, or is there another better option in or around the same price?

WORX WX439 500W 120mm Worxsaw Compact Circular Saw @ £59.98 / €72

or

Einhell Mini Hand-Held Circular Saw TC-CS 860 Kit @ £49.34 / €59

The depth isn't really important to me, as I'm not sure I will ever really be cutting something all that big.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,823 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

ignore my comment, i started to post before opening the links!

was just about availability of compatible blades, but i think those are all using one standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I don't have any idea about them, but reading through similar tools last night on Screwfix, any that I picked out had comments in the reviews stating that it was almost impossible to get blades even from screwfix, who sold the item.

I was thinking that the two above were fairly well known, so should be handy enough to get blades for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭lostcat

I have an older version of the worx one, bought it as the 46mm cut depth will handle an internal door. In use its a bit slow/underpowered to cut through a door but grand for 25mm mdf, etc. Blades are easy enough to come across.

its easier to handle than a standard circular saw but you loose a good but in the power stakes.

Advertisement