Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rescue Helicopter over Drogheda

Options
  • 24-11-2021 7:09pm

Rescue helicopter EIICA currently orbiting between the Boyne and Our Lady of Lourdes at an altitude of 950 feet

Comments

Now descending, passing 500 feet

Levelled off at 450 feet

Climbing away to the SE. I wonder what that was about

• Registered Users Posts: 7 HarbourRed56

The rescue helicopter has been flying those moves over Drogheda numerous times over the last few weeks. It flew over my house in east Meath. So I followed it on flight radar and notice it flew around Drogheda. It did this a few times over a few weeks. I'm guessing it's some sort of training run. Using the river Boyne as pretend rescue area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

They have been doing alot of test landings at the Lourdes Stadium, probably will be using it as access to the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

One of the rescue crew involved in the training was on LMFM radio earlier in the week, and was explaining what was going on , training runs which will go on until around March 2022, they are trying to get them completed as early as possible each evening to reduce the impact/concern on people who worry when they hear the noise overhead/so close to their houses.

Advertisement