Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two for Wednesday

Options
  • 23-11-2021 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,403 ✭✭✭✭

I thought two horses in particular ran crackers of races at Dundalk last week, both are out again tomorrow and I reckon are sure to go close.

Dundalk 3:00 - Tony The Gent looked like he had the winning of the race this time last week but just didn't seem to find anything at the close. Dropped back down to 7 furlongs, distance should suit better this time out as he last won over the 7 and the horse is clearly well handicapped and bang in form. 17/2 best price a little surprising given the yard seems in form and there's a decent pilot on board who claims 7 this time, as opposed to just 4 last week when riding against apprentices.

Dundalk 4:00 - Next pick is much more simple. I thought Eglish had the race all but wrapped up last week a furlong out before it all went wrong. The comment from the race result tells you all you need to know why this ended up finishing 4th.

Towards rear of midfield, bit short of room after 1f, headway into midfield halfway, pushed along over 2f out, chased leaders when ridden under 2f out, jockey dropped whip over 1f out, soon joined leaders, headed and no extra final 110yds (op 5/1)

10/3 not a super price, but the horse is clearly well handicapped, in form, and has someone on board who hopefully can keep a hold of the whip.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

8/1 in several bookmakers for Tony the gent

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

12.45 Wetherby, Away at dawn. Horse is around 13/8 currently. I've been backing this at bigger odds for small money for the past couple of hours. I'm going in again now as even at 13/8 I think it's great value. Bit of luck it might drift if the fav gets backed in. Easily my best bet of the day. Jumps around wins in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,403 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Yee-haw, got one of the two at least.

Now all aboard the Paisley Park express for Friday. Take a look at its last race, a less than vigorous ride and it still finished well after coming from the back. Should go better again with the biggest rival getting a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Good picks. Thanks Francie

backed both so decent return on e/w for the gent and had a small note on the double e/w.

• Advertisement

I think Indefatigable & Mrs Milner are far better value @ 10/3 & 9/2 Gen, than the best price 15/8 jolly PP for that Newbury race on Friday. Think Paisley Park is past his best, and probably wants softer ground anyhow. Will probably do both of them to win and perhaps a r/f too. Think Lisnagar Oscar also wants it softer, and looks way too short at 13/2 best price. Thomas Darby I don't think is good enough and/or the trip will stretch him. On The Blind Side is another, I think, who can't get involved unless it goes soft.

Be no surprise to me to see it end up a 2 horse race with the lowest weighted 2 taking 1st and 2nd place...

Advertisement