Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hive heating schedule

Options
  • 23-11-2021 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Hi,

would be great if could get some advise here:

have hive heating and setup a schedule between 7am and 8pm to maintain the temperature at 18c. Is it bad for the boiler to be turned on / off a good few times every day?

thanks C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Domicio

No problem at all. Mine quicks off every few hours too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Mine too . Hive is brilliant . Works great with Alexa too

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭rockdrummer4

Just a hint for anyone who may use Hive, if you have gravity fed heating system i.e. where water and heating are seperate buttons on Hive. You can make a change to Hive (Cant remember how they did it, but you can just ring Hive support, its very easy, just takes a minute).. When you make the change when you press the heating button the water also comes on.

Very useful when you are setting a constant temperatur via thermostat

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Domicio

Does it mean that when you have the CH on, it will always be heating the water as well?

If yes, it will be more expensive to heat your place when you don't need the hot water.

Ideally, it would be indeed separate.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭rockdrummer4

Unfortunately in my system you need both water and heating on, to heat rads, just heating will not work..

• Advertisement
Advertisement