Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Truck Driving licence

Options
  • 21-11-2021 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi is there any truck drivers on here ? Looking at getting my CE Licence is it wortg getting into ? The salary seems to be getting better after what happened and plenty of jobs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭donkey balls

I take it you have the C licence ridgid truck all ready ?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Laura2021

Hi thanks for writing back no I don't have a C licence I'm looking into getting it wondering is it worth it and is it the best licence to go for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭donkey balls

At present some companies are offering a good wage but that is for Artic licence holders, anything between €45/55k a year.

The hours a driver normally works is not you're average working week in other jobs,You could end up doing 15hr days but on average probably around 12hrs a day.

Early starts from midnight through to early mornings then overnight work, Split shift working etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Laura2021

Yeah I thought it would be 12 hour days. So would it be 4 days on 3 off ?

And would have to make deadlines aswell, Normally not allowed work more then 48 hours a week

So would be coming out with over €800 a week after tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 autogroup999

Hi All

I currently have C Licence just wondering is it worth proceeding on for CE licence or has any one done lately what does test consist of thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭mikeecho

It's not an easy job, lots of sham operators out there, treating drivers like something on the bottom of a shoe.

If you find a good , reputable transport company who look after their equipment, and are unionised.. then yes. (Someone like Musgraves)

But it's not a cake walk.

It's not cheap either, you'll have to do the C, then the CE, and associated CPC 's.

Do you know any truck drivers you could ask?

Advertisement