Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walk in vaccination clinic, Ongar, today.

Options
  • 21-11-2021 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

A walk in #COVID19 vaccination clinic will operate in Ongar Community Centre, Dublin 15 today Sunday, November 21 from 11am-1pm & 2pm-5pm. Anyone aged 12+ who has not received their first or second vaccine is invited to attend. Further info at https://t.co/IlOncjhzia #ForUsAll https://t.co/QOz8rZrOCL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,821 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Can we assume, therefore, that the local vaccination uptake is shyte?

Colour me shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 oookkkaaayyy

Brought my little sister there this morning to get her 2nd jab, I reckon there were at least 200 people in the queue at one point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

They're targeting low uptake areas with temporary walk-in vax centres, exactly like the one in Ongar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,014 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Saw a stat earlier that half of the non vaccinated in hospital are not Irish born. There is huge vaccine scepticism in certain parts of the world and that doesn't change when people move here. Ongar has a significant immigrant population.

• Advertisement

Thats what I was hinting at. A neighbour of mine here is a very successful tradesman, originally from an eastern European country. A whip smart, very funny guy with great skills.

Yet, he has withdrawn his child from school and had his wife give up her SNA job to educate the child at home. In the meantime, he is refused work on many larger sites. All because he won't entertain the idea of the vaccination for any of them.

Imagine being that smart a person and yet so ready to dismiss the science and the evidence of all around him getting jabbed with no ill effects, not to mention the billions of doses of the mRNA administered globally.

It simply beggars belief.

Advertisement