Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2012 Audi A6 C7 Rear light Led blown

Options
  • 19-11-2021 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭

Hi,

The inner rear led light section on wifes Audi A6 (2012) is a appeasing as a fault sporadically, but it is only rear light (Indicator and brake lights are working).

The full panel has all 3 in one panel

As this is 1 x unit I presume that the full unit needs to be replaced?

As far as I can make out there is no bulb and it's some sort of led board.

Has anybody experiencing of similar issues

Thanks

Comments

They made a terrible job and water can goes easily inside. It is not designed to be serviceable part but still it is possible to open and repair. If I remember right they used relative expensive OSRAM led. Order the new and try to repair the old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Moanin

Should I try contact cleaner on the connectors or just bite the bullet and buy a new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Depends what's gone and how handy you are with diy soldering and glueing. If it's just the Leds that are blown you can replace them , if it's the circuit board you probably need a new light. Good luck.

Thanks, are there actual bulbs in this unit or is it a board?

Would cleaning the connectors with contact cleaner be of any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

It is a board with the leds soldered to the board. If all the lights for a particular light function are gone it's probably the board either way you have to open the lamp to check and then repair it and then reglue . Probably best buy a replacement lamp, not cheap and then attempt to repair yours as Practice for when the other side goes 😉

• Advertisement

Only reasonable opening method is cut it open by dremel. You never can not open by front because plastics is welded together. Only question, is it worth that trouble? New unit cost big money, this is sure. If you do not understand electronics then is zero reason to do anything.

So i took out the cluster at the weekend and sprayed some contact cleaner on the connecters and it seems to be working fine now.....

Advertisement