Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sensitive skin in winter

Options
  • 19-11-2021 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure why but recently my skin has become incredible sensitive. I have not changed products I use in about a year but my skin seems to be reacting to them all of a sudden and i am getting some tingling/stinging in particular around my forehead and eyes. And Ive had some itchyness/redness on my neck.

I use the Olay regenerist day and night creams as well as the serums, plus I use boots ingredients caffeine eye cream. I use the boots no 7 foaming face wash in the morning and then in the evening I use the soap and glory cleansing balm to remove make up/sunscreen followed by a vitamin C wash or the same foaming face wash I use in the morning.

I have combination skin, fairly normal on the cheeks with some oilyness in my tzone, particularly my nose and chin.

Could this be a change in season and the winter conditions coming in affecting my skin? Any products people recommend.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Oh I shouldn't bring life back to zombie threads... but anyway.

I bought some moringa oil recently. It stinks! It does, quite like jasmine, but not in a good way.

But, using just a tiny bit gives a nice balming effect to the face. It seems to create a nice oily barrier on the skin without being too greasy, as long as you use only a tiny bit; the smell quickly goes away. It might be a nice winter balm for the face or lips. And cheap too. 150ml for around €6 from Amazon.

It seemed a bit too heavy for the hair, so I'll stick to the argan oil for that.

Advertisement