Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yellow Balls

Options
  • 17-11-2021 3:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Easy now, let's keep it clean, OK! :)

Anyway, are yellow balls just easier to find in the rough/long grass/leaves etc or are they easier to see in the air also? I've only ever used white balls but have seen more and more folk with yellow ones recently...what are the benefits to going yellow???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭spuddy4711

The Autumn leaves of red and gold will hide yellow, white, luminous red, so colour won’t help.

On the greens, yellow is supposed to work better, no known reason, supposed to appear warmer

Yellow is definitely becoming more popular, you still find the odd lost soccer ball type, but

much more lost yellows these days. Tennis moved from white to yellow. Golf to follow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

For me it was been able identify my ball before I got to it so I could start to plan my shot before I got to it

Used to love the Sportsdirect Dunlop yellows. They were a great ball at the price

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

They actually were. Used to get them regularly. Now they only seem to sell Slazenger which aren't as good imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭redhill

i Only really use Yellow now the last 2-3 years, I use TP5s, , similar to above it’s dead handy to recognise from 50 yards down the fairway if they’re are a few balls, and this defo applies in winter too, most leaves are not of the yellow variety but more browny colour.

min winner I have used some Snell& Vice as they were a bit cheaper, both yellow and Orange colour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

I like yellow balls in summer as it less likely for someone else to mistakenly play your ball. Yellow in winter when the leaves are down can be tougher than just playing white. I kind of like the truvis yellow or tm balls with funny designs on them. But on the whole I'm generally happy enough to play the ball that's correct for my ability and am brand agnostic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭boccy23

I had to give up on them. At our course which is surrounded by large trees, yellow balls are regularly taken off the fairway by large black crows, or Rooks to be technical.

I didn't believe it initially but I have seen the bas****s pick them up and fly off with the yellow ball secured in their beak.

No issues at all with white ones.

Advertisement