Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freestanding Stove Installation - Possible options

Options
  • 13-11-2021 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I’m getting a freestanding wood burning stove installed, and have a company lined up that we’re happy with. We don’t want a fancy surround and are quite particular on the finish but the crowd seem to be pushing the brochure type (we’d prefer a minimal scandi style without a surround etc). I know I need to be careful with the material choice for heat resistance, so I want to get my head around what options we have for the hearth(base) and the inside chamber. Brick seems the most common for chamber, but is there types inside that? Like material choices that refer to what it’s lined or treated with? And for the hearth, they kept pushing granite, we don’t like the look of that so wanted to see if we could buy something else we like and give it to them like maybe tiles (again not sure what grade/type) or ideally poured concrete. Really want to get it all done by this crowd and not a separate builder so trying to just figure out what is typical that they/we could order and are happy to install. Any tips on good websites to view samples of these types would be very helpful too. Thank you

Advertisement