Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 13th November 2021

Options
  • 12-11-2021 11:18pm

3.40 Lingfield CU CHULAINN 14/1 PP/Boyles , HARROVIAN 6/1 Gen

CU CHULAINN has only had the two starts; and the first of those was over course and distance when he finished 2nd. He won his 2nd race, when coming home first of 10 over a furlong further at Kempton. Those runs might have been in far lesser grades, but the runs can't be faulted. If Cu Chulainn doesn't win, then it could go to anything else I feel. The Wille Muir (or Grasssick) stable star Pyledriver is probably the closest to a household name running in this, and @ 9/4 top price, it may even contract. I think, at this level, he wants further myself, than the 10fs here. As for the rest, I think many of them would fare better on turf, or in smaller fields. HARROVIAN @ 6s gen (and bits of 13/2 online, and 7s with 365) is a fairly priced second option here. He came 2nd on his only go on the AW. That run was over C & D in a 13 runner field way back in June 2019.

Those 2 will do me ew here.. KESTENNA @ 33s PP might do well as a longshot win only option, if the step up in trip suits. I'm not sure it will, but there's no proof she won't stay it, so I'll give her the longshot vote in this.. Win only for coppers..

☺️ Gluck...

Comments

Will give the NB vote to CU CHULAINN above.

Looking for a NAP, and it was hard to discount PROSCHEMA @ 10/3 PP in the 2.50 Cheltenham from getting that vote. I just think he's the best horse in the race, and could well be a level above most of these here; who are likely just good handicappers. Apart from, perhaps, Sporting John; who can potentially win a decent race, but I'm not seeing it happening in a hurdles' race on good ground.. Worth a decent win bet on Proschema, who has excellent chances, and while 10/3 or 3s aint exactly huge prices, I think there's a bit of juice in it all the same. Could well go off shorter. Am backing him win only, cos if he's not as good as I think, then a place isn't guaranteed, and is short enough to be going ew regardless. He's a course winner, and it will be only his 2nd go at this trip, which was lto in a good 2nd place finishing at Wetherby. That was an eight horse affair; so the slightly bigger field tomorrow, I am hoping will be a help, as likely nothing will have it their own way. Therefore, I think a holdup run can see those racing at back of mid div or towards the back (where I think he'll be situated) not being too far away from the ones in front. Will chance €20 win on him if the above price is available come shop opening time..

2.15 Cheltenham Paddy Power GC Handicap

I think there are question marks against Al Dancer @ 6s (layoff, new trainer, prone to errors) , Protektorat ~13/2 (big field - has never won a race with more than 8 runners in it) , Lalor 7s (out of form and/or doesn't appreciate good ground at this level, layoff, new trainer, and has only one once over larger obstacles) , Zanza 9s gen (not guaranteed to stay imo, and runs more bad races than good at the course) . I think the last mentioned has the best chance of these, but at a very best priced 11/1, Zanza is about 3 points too short for me. The 5yr old and lightly raced Galahad Quest @ 10s gen is lightly raced, and has shown promise in his last two runs, and, along with Zanza, I think he's one in the single (or close to) figure bracket that could go well. Am content to overlook him on account of his age. I'll be surprised if more than two of these fill the likely available 5 or 6 places in this, and wouldn't be at all surprised if only 1, or less, make the frame. Which makes me happy to pick a few here; of which I hope all have solid claims on form, and at the prices.....

Going for 4 each way agin the field in the big one.

PAINT THE DREAM 16/1 PP/Boyles , MIDNIGHT SHADOW 10/1 PP/Boyles , MANOFTHEMOUNTAIN 20/1 PP/Boyles, FUNKY DADY 25/1 PP/Boyles

Gluck 😊

Got 'Burlington' on Proschema, so happy with that... Unfortunately, of the four in the above post, I did nae get a sniff of the 16s, 10s, and 20s on the first three... 9s , 12/1 and 14/1 😓 Told myself it's okay, cos at least I'm getting 6 places PP... Should have been camped outside the door from 9.25, but even then I reckon the prices would've been trimmed, were I in asafp ☹️

Third Time Lucki very short @ 4/11 in the 1.40.. Wouldn't mind being on 2nd fav Paul Nicholls' Mick Pastor @ 11/2 in this 4 runner affair...

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Having recorded and watched the racing yesterday on one of Virgin Media channels on Sky, sat down while ago to watch todays racing only to find it didn't record. I looked further and it seems it wasn't on any of these channels today (or again tomorrow) which is a major disappointment. Thought racing on ITV was nearly always on one of these?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Exact same happened to me tonight. Virgin is a bit of a joke, they've 3 main channels that have some dire programmes on during the afternoons which must get an audience but what baffles me is that they've a few sports channels that keeps showing repeats of soccer matches non stop from weeks ago. The only live sport they ever show is soccer and MMA/UFC. They are paying for the racing and then don't show it. And this happens about 10 times each year, I just don't get the way those stations work.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭mike2084

It's strange alright unless there has been an issue with the contract. They are scheduled to be showing Haydock and Ascot next Saturday.

Advertisement