Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel stay Westport

Options
  • 11-11-2021 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Can anyone recommend between the Castlecourt, the Westport Plaza and the Westport Coast hotel? Can’t decide between the 3.

Preferably the hotel with nicer rooms (not dated). We’ve a new born baby so won’t be going too wild. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭Xander10

Stayed in the Plaza recently and it was very good. Haven't stayed in the other two. The castle court is next door but we chose the Plaza over the castle court based on a recommendation by a friend

Drove by the coast hotel and it looks nice. A bit further out of town if you want to walk to local shops, restaurants etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭VanHalen

Castle court and Plaza are essentially at the same location. They share a car park and (I think) the leisure facilities. I could never figure out why the Plaza was slightly dearer as the rooms and facilities are pretty much the same. As a result we always stayed in the Castlecourt. Family rooms are good - they are essentially 2 interconnected rooms so you’re not all on top of each other. Not sure if it’s still the same but whenever we got the “family room” it was always beside the lift so there’s a certain amount of “ding” every time the lift doors opened. Other than that the rooms were fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,060 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Anyone have any review of Wyatt's? I received a gift voucher for them over Christmas, and while it wouldn't necessarily a place we would pick ourselves, I have heard it is nice, and it's certainly central. Contemplating going around mid-March

• Registered Users Posts: 8,274 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Any reason the Knockranny House is not on the list?

I prefer it out of them all, best food as well

Advertisement