Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying car through limited company

Options
  • 11-11-2021 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

I am looking to buy a car through my limited company and I’m wondering what’s the best way to do it.

I am employed full time wilth a salary of €90000 and have a side business that has around €30000 that can be taken as salary. 

I have not taken any salary out of the company so far and i am not on the payroll.

I am looking at a second hand car for around €25000 that would have an omv of around €45000.

if I take €30000 as salary I’ll get around €15000 after tax. If I buy it through the company I’ve calculated the BIK would be €500+ a month so when i take in the capital allowance to write off and the BIK it doesnt make any sense to do it that way

Would anyone be able to advise me on the best way to pay for a car in my circumstances?

i have ran it by my accountant who said my BIK would be €172 per month which seems very low to me. I’m waiting for him to explain the figures but it’s obviously a very busy time of the year for him so hoping to get some advice here in the meantime.

Would it be better to lease a car?

Comments

Advertisement