Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manchester airport query

Options
  • 08-11-2021 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭

I am looking at a flight from From Dublin in to Manchester at 19:20 with aerlingus and have my next flight,emirate’s, taking off at 20:40, an hour and twenty lay over.

Is that enough time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

The first thing in any such question, is this on one ticket or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Also, can you transfer within the terminal/s and if so do the flights operate from the same terminal?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

We need more detail but the answer is almost certainly no.

Are you carrying bags? Are you checked in for the Emirates flight?

They're both T1 but there will be no transfer facility for two independent tickets, EI can't even offer a proper transfer facility for going DUB-MAN-BGI on their own flights!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭afatbollix

No, I've spent over an hour in security alone to wait for my bag to be rescanned. Only to be told all ok, It was just a random double scan, Just like the other 20 other trays for 2nd scans. Manchester airport is one of the worst tbh.

I wouldn't risk it, Not worth the stress.....

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭HTCOne

I read elsewhere that the EI issue has been resolved in the last couple of days and you can now check your bags through from other EI flights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭beachhead

Even if the AL flight arrives on time and your bag is found in time for the transfer that is cutting it really short.Parked at the gate at 7.20pm Safety checks,open the hold,find your bag-segregated,read label,transfer it.Lucky lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I love this forum! Stressful time trying to get flights home for a weekend and juggle work. As shown by your replies I agree and think the time is too tight.

cheers for all your comments. I’ve booked an extra days leave and paid through the nose for direct flights

Advertisement