Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on purchasing first camcorder for YT videos

Options
  • 08-11-2021 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys,

I'm looking to pick up a new camcorder to record guitar videos with. I have been recording videos using the camera on my phone, but I'm having issues with low-light performance and the lack of a view-finder makes it really difficult. I'd enjoy the general bump in quality too.

My budget is about €800 - €1000. I'd like to get a nice carry case and suitable SD card included for that price. I'm hoping to snag a Black Friday deal, but I've got a couple of questions, maybe someone can help:

• What model of camera would you recommend? The reason I'm leaning towards a camcorder is because I don't want to spend too much time setting up the shot within the settings menu. I won't be looking to change lens down the line. Just looking for a decent, straight out of the box performance.
    • Do you think it will be difficult for me to find many decent Black Friday deals due to the on-going camera shortage?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

One thats within your budget would be a Sony FDR AX53, autofocus and a 20x zoom, has good image quality, sound is ok but really for music you'd probably need an external mic. It also has built in Image Stabilisation.

The sensor is small but you wont get a bigger sensor at this price point, it's pretty ok in low light does 4K. I've used this as a B roll cam doing weddings etc. It'd be suitable for youtube.

Theres a AX43 4K out too, don't have any experience of it tho.

Advertisement