Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost

Options
  • 06-11-2021 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

Listen, I'm not a huge Kanye West fan but he has a couple lines in one song which resonate with me in a big way.

"And I always find something wrong. I'm so gifted at finding what I don't like the most."

That's me on the dating scene. To a tee. Take this girl I met on Tinder in June. Not only was she beautiful and genuinely funny, but we had more chemistry than a nuclear weapon. And that's the problem because once I realised she liked me as well [we'd already exchanged numbers] I got scared and ghosted her. 

It was also after she changed her profile picture. I spotted something I didn't like and couldn't unsee it, no matter how hard I tried. I noticed she had quite a long neck - not unbelievably long, but long enough and as I said, it couldn't be unseen. And it put me off, which makes me a fxxking arsehole, but also a stupid one because guess what? She doesn't even have a long neck. 

Not long after that, I randomly saw a picture of Jennifer Lawrence on Twitter and I noticed hers looked long too. And then I saw another woman. And another one. And another. And eventually I realised that the Tinder girl had a perfectly normal neck. I had just found 'something wrong' once again, even when there was nothing to find.

I bring this up because this girl in question changed her profile picture on Whatsapp again last week. And I must say, she looks absolutely gorgeous in it. The best part is [and I do mean this sincerely] is that she's with a man in it, hand on his belly....laughing.....happy.

There's no point to any of this. I just felt sad and wanted to vent.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,703 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Ghost are a great band.

My favourite tune has to be Dance Macabre.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,116 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I don't want to see a ghost. It's a sight that I fear most. I'd rather have a piece of toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Shao Kahn

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I liked when Patrick Swayze put his arms around your one and that song played.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I preferred the bit where it wasn't a ghost at all, but really the janitor dressed up, only to be caught by the pesky kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I knew a guy who ghosted a girl because when they were on their first date, she ordered a steak, and it was one of those places that cook it at your table. He felt self conscious about the attention the smoke from the cooking brought to them, and decided he could have nothing more to do with her.

I’m sure she was left wondering what went wrong when he stopped all contact with her, and I’m sure she doesn’t know it, but she dodged a fücking bullet there.

It was also after she changed her profile picture. I spotted something I didn't like and couldn't unsee it, no matter how hard I tried. I noticed she had quite a long neck

And then, Kramer comes crashing through the apartment door…

• Registered Users Posts: 23,504 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Listen, I'm not a huge Kanye West fan...

We've a Kanye West fan here...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

High maintenance

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

You are joking G? 😮 Holy mentalists Batman. Bullet dodged alright.

On the other hand for balance an' that. I've known men and women like that. One group were just wánkers out of the box alright, but the other seemed to have ended up that way by circumstance. Wound tighter than a drum and more sensitive than an open wound so reacted to stuff normal people wouldn't even register. I got the impression it stemmed from a hyper vigilance of self protection. They didn't want to be happy, or felt they didn't deserve it, so self sabotaged themselves with nonsense like the above.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

You are joking G? 😮 Holy mentalists Batman. Bullet dodged alright.

Well, that’s the story he told us, but I have no reason to doubt it. He was embarrassed about it, but I had plenty of other first-hand examples of self-sabotage and irrational behaviour from him, so that one certainly fitted in with the general pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,057 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I was hoping for a thread about this guy

Advertisement