Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat 6th Nov '21....Grand Sefton Aintree, Gd card @ Donny, Festival contenders @ Naas, BC in da USA!!

Options
  • 06-11-2021 12:54am

The Breeders cup...

Will go with the few I heard Nick Luck mention earlier.. Jack Christopher was due to go tonight, but is a nr...

00.30 Modern Games 9/4 PP - not sure of the time (is it tonight, or early tomorrow afternoon??) , but this one goes in the Juvenile Turf tomorrow (???)..

8.19PM Life Is Good 4/6 Boyles - Turf Mile .... Won't be backing at those odds.

11.40PM Teona 13/2 Boyles - The Breeders' Cup... Will she beat Weld's star filly and 11/8 fav Tarnawa?

Comments

That Modern Games goes in less than 15mins (00.30 hrs our time 2day the 6th)... Very strange the way the days are laid out on oddschecker/racecards,,, 😣 Most confusing 😴

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Seems like 2 godolphin withdrawal in 12.30 - crazy

An incident there at Del Mar, with Frankie involved in the stalls, at the start... Frankie looks okay, and Albahar is scratched... Assistant starter (stall handler, presumably) must have got an injury, as he was being helped off the course... Godolphin's other horse, and the jolly, Modern Games got caught up in the carnage too (think he was drawn close to Albahar) , so, both the top 2 in betting are out 😕

Looked bad alright - coulda been far far worse.... Albahar had at least 1, if not 2 of his feet/hooves OVER the gate 😲 Think the 'stalls' handler got caught up - in the process of helping Frankie escape the havoc...

Maybe Modern Games - Maybe he'll be let take part  Awaiting a ruling...

Modern games will run

^^^^^^^

😮 Gets MADDER.... Modern Games CAN RUN, but is NOT in the betting - over there at least.... I is tres confused 😕

• Advertisement

Excellent modern games

And MODERN GAMES Wins!! By 2 lengths or so.... Was 'off the bridle' most of the race too.... Lucky he had a good low draw 😶

That's 1 from 1 (not counting the earlier scratched fav) so far from Luck.... He was 'accosted' by Rishi (doing a docco or podcast, or summit) earlier on at the stables, and just blasted out those 4 without hesitation; when Persad asked him what he liked... Knows his onions does Nick 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Well done on MGames.

Sat DelMar picks: WIN onefastbro, e/w acaseofyou, e/w pingxiang, WIN LOVE, WIN SPaceblues e/w Pearlsgalore, e/w teona

Sat SCOOP6:

Actofgod/pileon, fresh/hafeetalain, timetogetup/hogansheight, kissesforkatie/roseofacadia, mrcuriosity/flyinsolo, huricaineharvey/capdunord

• Advertisement

'Doncaster Delights'

Imma puttin up a whole mess o' picks here, for me amusement. If anyone wants to have a € or 50c win, or each way, on them all; then have at it...

DISCLAIMER - all of the below paragraphs have nothing to with my opinions on the chances of said horses below down... Too many picks, and time constraints unfortunately entered the equation

In anticipation of the entitled usual suspect/s venomous disdain - a parable o' sorts:

Just like the scummer that couldn't help himself when he decided (along with his mates) to kick da crap out of a minding his own business passerby (funny,, pretty fqd up that said scummer and his 'crew' , who couldn't help themselves from attacking a 'soft target' , managed to just decide to pick on said dude at that particular instance... If it were, perhaps, 30 seconds earlier that said scumbags decided to attack someone for no particular reason, and that someone happened to be an Eastern European 'hard bastard' type, then said scummers might have gotten a rude effing awakening.. Must be some part of the scummer brain, what do act unconsciously, that causes the scummer what couldn't help himself from attacking the soft chap, to somehow refrain [without making a 'conscious' decision] from picking on Pavel)

Wtf is the above para about - some might ask... It's a parable of sorts, and the point is re-fooking-frainment.... It aint that too difficult to do (unless we're talking about breathing/blinking etc; but we aint) ; to not comment negatively on a barely seen post on an internet forum, what hardly anyone looks at.. And specifically we is talkin bout a bloke who is merely opining, and/or proferring a few selections, that said poster thinks have not unreasonable claims of prevailing, or going close, in a few horse races.. It's not exactly 'hate speech' I'm posting eg, if I were to say, par exemple, "Let's Go Brandon" , a phrase coined by CNN, when the reporter was restating what the fans were saying, on account of his exceptional performance in a sporting event recently in America; when she was speaking to 'Brandon' ; then, naturalement, a comment like "Let's Go Brandon" should indeed be roundly slated, because it's obviously hateful, on account, presumably, that none of the other participants in that game got a 'shoutout'.. Thereby, "Let's Go Brandon" is a phrase associated with "no one should be praised unless everyone is praised, because the ones who don't get praised might feel left out, and, rightly so; in this day and age, that is completely unacceptable"... Or, at least, that's what I think it means...

Haven't really got any clarification from the CNN reporter as to why she would repeat such a hateful chant... This one could go all the way to the top... Will await Joe Biden's thoughts on this, at which time, then I will know what the DLSW (or the dope/lowdown/skinny/word on the street) is, as regards how I should feel vis a vis that kind of hate speech; so if I ever hear a kernt utter it; then my level of opprobrium, in response to the speaker of such hate, shall be befitting the level at which Joe deems it so in my response.. But no, aint nowt to castigate here, as, like previously mentioned; it's just me putting up a few horses on a seldom visited forum...

"You can be King, and it all depends on your point of view, and what you can see, and around here, nobody tells me what to do anymore" what was written by an Irish poet back in the day..

"Get your revenge in first" , as they are wont to say; in advance of sporting occasions of the contact variety.. Me, personally, I aint "getting on that train".. Any hits 'off the ball' imo, regardless of it being 'on the field of play' is assault imv... And, if the victim was to go (rightfully) 'postal' , then, while I wouldn't be the 'last person' to criticize him; I certainly wouldn't be the first neither.. 'Getting your umbrage in first' , well that's a whole 'nother ballgame!

You may be right, I may be crazy.... But just cos I may be crazy, it don't mean I'm wrong.... Aint no percentage in being wrong, unless you're a criminal, and just don't give a fq about your fellow man.. Right and wrong - those human constructs - are where it's at for me; moreso than what the law says.. Cos in some Countries, what's against the law, is entirely acceptable in others... Eg, what are nowadays called narcotics, were once 'entirely acceptable'.... I've seen enough episodes of Murdoch Mysteries to know that much.. Heroin/Laudanum were perfectly okay at the latter part of the nineteenth, and early part of the twentieth century, but, are now, largely proscribed... Nothing 'right' or 'wrong' about consuming those opium derived euphoria transmitters; yet, according to the 'Law' , they are, indeed, wrong.. Me, I've got more of a Common Law idea on right and wrong... "First do no harm"... Don't rob, thieve, assault, intimidate, threaten, blackmail, slander, defame no one, and don't engage in the destruction of property.. All that sort of sheet is a good barometer as to how one should comport oneself, insofar as abstaining from doing or engaging in any of them aforementioned activities is concerned... Pretty much 'live and let live' after that, and therefore, no one should have any complaints about my horsey picks... so there..

There's a daily publication called the 'Racing Post' which can be bought in newsagents, or read for free in betting shops, in where the 'picks' of a dozen or so professionals, what knows far more than me, can be read, and, instead of lambasting one idiot on the interweb, get thee to a newsagents or turf accountants, and fill thy boots with the knowledge pertained within, given at, perhaps not considerable expense (but expense nonetheless) from the many experts out there, of which I aint one..

"You can be King, and it all depends on your point of view, and what you can see, and around here, nobody tells me what to do anymore".. Whoever wrote that is a legend imo.... Then, there's the 'most people' crap what people spout... fk 'most' people, I'm one person.. 'Most People' aint no metric or barometer of what's acceptable as far as I is concerned.. I dunno why people come oot with dat shoyt - if you've got a legitimate grievance, or are trying to 'set someone straight' (in other words, to tell them they're wrong), then why preface your excoriation with,,, 'most people'..... Where will it end; and, not to mention, when saying; 'most peeps' wouldn't do this or that; then, that is at odds with individuality, is it not; just as much as it is at odds with 'live and let live'... Makes no sense to me... There were many videos a cupla decades back of folk jumping out of buildings... Not something 'most people' would do... But, then again, other people have different definitions of what constitutes 'right and wrong' ... I guess some folk think that Westerners are decadent and heathens.. Maybe they're right.. I don't know... And that led to people jumping off buildings.. Why should folk what live in non Western Countries care about how those that live elsewhere, live their lives.. I just don't know..

"They're tearing down the difference between right and wrong" wrote a winner of a Nobel Literature prize... I'd have to agree with Mr Zimmerman on that one..

"Honest ta fook, I've never read such rubbish in all my life", said many a person (and often) what's given to hyperbole... It would appear that the level of rubbish they consider to be greater than anything else they've ever read or heard, is very fluid.... Unless, that is, they're are referring to the 'calibre' of the rubbish, moreso than its 'quantity'; then, that would make sense.... But, I don't think so.. I think it's usually the 'topic at hand' , in general, is what they mean when they come out with that exaggerative poorly phrased censure.... So, pay them folks no mind is the message here...

And, even if it is both the single most nonsensical piece of fallacious drivel, and dost containeth the greatest quantity of same within , can ya just find it in your heart to say to yourself.. "If I've nowt nice to say, then best I say nowthing at all".. That would be the 'humanitarian' , and CNN approved approach... Unless it's hate speech, and then tis your duty to berate the author of it so it is.. To allude to an above para, the thankswhoring type, who would villify for the lols, are worse than those that which they criticize.... Which I don't agree with.. If a person is eminently criticizable, then those who would so criticize him, are, 'not worse' than the target of their ire.... Just like if Pavel visited a righteous retribution upon the scummers, then I don't know what alternate universe where those that would say, "You're worse than those scummers Pavel" , doth dwelleth.... I mean the fact they could tell Pavel (who's apparently a worser person than the scummers) that he's worse than the scummers; when saying a damn sight less to the scummers would be a health hazard, and not expect any retaliation from Pavel is ludicrous.... If they thought Pavel (in that hypothetical example above) was worse than a batch of scummers, then, not a mumbling word would they say to him regarding his being worse than a collective of crims.. One of many things that doesn't make any sense to me... "I suppose a lot of things don't make a lot of sense to you" you might say, and perhaps with some more education and introspection, I too can conclude that the would be victim who responds in kind, or with interest, is indeed far far worse than those who elicit the altercation... Which takes me back to the ubiqitous "you should know better" refrain, beloved of those who like to judge, especially judges..

And who does Pavel possibly meet on his way to his obligatory trip to the dock; yep, probably another poor sap coming the other way, who's life is about to be ruined, because he was seen tokin on a doob.. And, to add insult to injury, on their way up the steps, what do they see - yep, a bunch of scummers with convictions well north of the lower end of double figures; and what are some of the kernts doing, well, quite possibly, toking with abandon, outside of a place where justice is supposed to be dispensed for committing crimes ffs. I'm literally scratching my head here (the shift key aint too far from the 'i' - most likely that one went o'er a head or 22) 😧

And, don't get me started on those sarcastic tldr kernts... No, you did not 'dr'... You read pretty much every word, if not them all ya bullshín thanks whoorer/s..

TLDR Stop criticizing me for the amount o' me picks// I'll post as many as I like... No one's stopping you from posting your own, and infacta, why don't ya... That's the main take.. The rest was me pondering the directly related bs, and the bs in general/  PS - who da fuq is Brandon? Chances are anyone who's asking this knows right well who Brandon is, and fair play to anyone who's merely wondering who Brandon is - likely they don't believe or pander to any of that woke bs coming from America.. And Pavel is merely a fiction playing a part in a hypothetical, yet not wholly unlikely, shítstorm of shtness...

"Who took the jam out of my doughnut?" - I wasn't aware I was in possession of any doughnut - jamless, or otherwise,,, And any hitherto eaten sans jam doughnuts; I can only assume that they were meant to be 'jamless' to begin with haha 😋 hahas and smileys are a time immerorial absolution on t'internet, and I's playing that card... eg someone comes along, and says "😂 haha, I'm surprised you haven't blamed the joos as well - haha + smileyface",,, and there goes the 'free pass' rule for those saying whatever they want on here, when it comes to insulting someone's opinions and beliefs...

Anyhoo, whether or not I know, or should 'know better' , hopefully what is contained below will turn out to be somewhat meritorious; at least in terms of 'knowing' or giving a decent account of guesstimation, and as far as life in general is concerned, will adopt a wait and hope stance on that particular dilemma.. haha!

That's enough of me riffing for one post.... Onto the topic du jour, which will hopefully provide us with at least one big priced winner...

My picks

11.50 I'M A GAMBLER 3/1, STRAITS OF MOYLE 9/2 ,INTERNATIONAL BOY 12/1

12.20 BUACHAILL 12/1, WYVERN 16/1

12.55 ARRIVISTE 50/1 , ZAWARA 10/1 , ACHELOIS 16/1 , AURA BLUE 50/1, GLENARTNEY 13/2, HOODWINKER 18/1 , SOMETHING ENTICING 20/1 , VIA SISTINA 9/4

1.25 TOMFRE 4/1, BOOSALA 16/1, COLD STARE 50/1, BOARDMAN 15/2 , ZIP 22/1

2.05 DAKOTA GOLD 7/1 , MAGICAL SPIRIT 6/1, VOLATILE ANALYST 12/1, JOUSKA 14/1

2.40 SAM COOKE 9/1 , NUITS ST GEORGES 35/1 , EAST ASIA 8/1, FLYIN' SOLO 10/1 , FIRST LIGHT 13/2 , FARHAN 11/2

I fancy I may do a few placepots with the above too

Gluck ☺️

O,,,,,,KAAAAAAAYY!!!!!

😲 WTAF!

Honestly, the bleeddin state of this place... smh 😓

"Why don't every single one of yis stfu, and put up a few RUDDY SEL\ECTT~IONS FOR A CHANGE"!!!!

O K hahahahaha 😂

Did the above SCOOP6 but dropped Mrcuriosity in Leg 5 bankin on SDS to WIN on flyinsolo and added Potterman/Somechaos/HurricaineHarvey/Capdunord to leg6!

I dropped Spaceblues and did a bigger e/w on Pearlsgalore and WIN love over in the USA

Some spin from Blackmore on Mr Incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭muloc

Advertisement