Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottling temperature

Options
  • 05-11-2021 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Newbie Q again: When ya bottle I read ya store in cool dark place. What is the ideal temp to allow the secondary fermentation to work?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Fermentation is fermentation. Room temperature is best, regardless of whether it's a primary fermentation or bottle conditioning. The yeast don't know and don't care what it is you're making them do.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭rockdrummer4

Cheers beernut..

im probably overthinking here, but the coopers canadian blonde said to keep fermenter between 21-27c, the fermenter went down to 18, so using heat belt now, and is at 24

but if bottle and just leave in cool dark place the temp would be 18! As it is the same yeast at work I didn’t understand this discrepancy?? May even get below 18 as the weather gets colder in the coming weeks!

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Take the heat belt off and leave it at 18, that’s a perfect temperature for good quality beer. The instructions in those kits are usually best ignored.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I think the Coopers kits have that ridiculous high temperature instruction because that's as cold as Australian houses get.

Advertisement