Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Tax Consultation

Options
  • 04-11-2021 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

My family is running a business in Spain which I would become assigned as Administrator (aka Secretary here). Power of attorney will be assigned to my father to run the business on a daily basis on my behalf.

The point here is that I would become a sole-trader in Spain but NO salary will be paid. I won't be employed but set up as a sole-trader which is a requirement to become a named Administrator. The company ONLY will pay for my affiliation to Social Security (aka PRSI here). That's all. There won't be any contract whatsoever.

Legally I checked over with a Spanish tax advisor and there is no problem at all.

Question is: do I need to declare anything here in Ireland or it might cause any legal/revenue issue?

Tagged:

Advertisement