Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday 4th November 2021

Options
  • 04-11-2021 1:40pm

2.50 Chelmsford BETTER HALF 7/1 PP.. Worth a win or an ew bet at this price..

Had a look at this race where it's 3/1 the field, and it's fluctuating between easy and difficult; depending on your point of view, to make a case for anything in the top half of the betting here. This is mainly on account of the relative inexperience of the bunch, and none of them having had won (the fact that it's a 'Nursery' would suggest to me that being a previous race-winner is not an impediment insofar as taking part is concerned) yet.

I think Mark Johnston's charge has right good claims here, and looks, to me, to be about 2 points too big. She's had four goes so far on turf - 3 of those were over today's distance of 6f, and she's come placed in all three. She's sired by Bobby's Kitten, so I feel the surface will be fine for her, as another filly of his (Sands Of Time) came 2nd on the AW at Lingfield on Tuesday over the 6. Selection is drawn 6 out of 12 who are due to go to post (was 14, but 2 nons [so far] ) , and in the few runs she's had, she mainly races to the fore - if not outright leads - so a low draw in 6 is a plus too. Jason Hart a good man from the front too, is on board. I wouldn't be surprised to see her go off fav. What price she'll finish up at is anyone's guess, but I'd say it will be somewhat smaller than the current best price of 8/1 offered by 365.

I think the marginal 2nd fav Delahoussaye for Brian O'Rourke @ 3/1 gen is more of a 5/1 poke, so, if I was a layer, I'd have him up on BF at 4.5 (7/2) for small change just to (hopefully) prove myself right 😁 Don't feel like venturing outside atm, but if I do, I feel I'd be getting value for my €5 e/w on BETTER HALF...

Gluck 😃

Comments

F*CKING LOOSE HORSE IMPEDES DEFAN JUMPING THE LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Selection in 2.50 is drifting like a barrrggee 😲 And money coming for O'Rourke's.. Doubly😲

BOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!! 😁 😁 11/1

GET IN BETTERRR HALLLLLFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!

Outsider with a minor squeak

6.25 Chelmsford Giovanni Tiepolo 33/1 Boyles

A very open race, and this one is just wild speculation.. Very inconsistent, and will most likely run a stinker. But he's only 4, Rab is on top for the first time, and that's about it really.. Is capable as has won before, and off a higher rating.. Maybe the 4 month absence will be a benefit, as he might have a renewed interest in the game.. 50C win or each way, or €1 win is max recommendation... Maybe €2 if he goes out as far as fiftys 😊 More a case of: could make cases for several of the short ones to win, but not too hard to make cases for them losing either, so why bother with the headscratching, and just go with hit and hope type for pennies 😊

He's been backed.. Not by me though, as was too cold to go out.. into 14/1 now. Will hope he wins anyhow in case anyone listened to me 😋

• Advertisement

😪 No good at all...... Last I think was Giovanni Tiepolo

Advertisement