Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Horizon box

Options
  • 02-11-2021 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I can't seem to find the answers anywhere.

I have a Virgin Media bundle and recently got a replacement Horizon box. WiFi and phone connection with the box aren't activated (this is another problem), so I want to use my old box's SSID for the replacement (no option of installing two boxes). Is that possible? Do you have to use the ssid/password on the box?

Also, does anyone know if I'm going to lose my existing WiFi and phone connection when I replace the box? (I had to put the original box back to get the WiFi and phone working.) Anyone has a similar experience?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

You usually have to call Virgin Media to get the box activated (or at least you did a couple of years ago).

When Virgin Media activate the new box, the telephone service will be migrated to it.

You should be able to change the SSID and password on the new box to match the old one so that you don't have to update all your devices

• Registered Users Posts: 4 26 years in Dublin

pizzahead77, Thanks for your response. As I can't contact them (no-one answers) I actually tried to change the SSID and password on the new box but no luck. The WiFi and phone connection are down. I think the new box has been activated already.

Advertisement