Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What has happened to TK-Max and New Look?.

Options
  • 02-11-2021 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,657 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Now I know New Look had been gone bad for shoes for a while but you could always rely on TK-Max for some interesting and stylish shoes but lately they have all gone ugly flat and black. WTF like. Is that what young Women these days are wearing? So Boring

Thankfully there is still a few places in town with nice shoes.

Also what happened to Argus in the Jervies Centre and Argus in general is gone awkward as **** to use. I was in the Illac one today and to buy a small item in the store I first had to reserve it then give my number and name like wtf. So much to say I did not bother. Got what I was looking for elsewhere and cheaper too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

It’s a little known fact, but TK Maxx get their stock from containers washed up on the rugged shores of Scotland, so it depends on what shipwrecks have been occurring as to what stock they have. They own 3 lighthouses and turn them off when clothing shipments are passing. Last boat to flounder was called “Lady Dower”, so that explains the flat black shoes.

As for Argus, they went through financial troubles recently as the cost of tiny pens skyrocketed. They had to sell their o and buy a much cheaper u, and they’ve been collecting names and numbers of customers ever since, as they’re going to text all their mates at Christmas looking for a few quid for scoops when they’re flat broke.

No idea about New Look.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Ljmscooter

🤣🤣

Best post I’ve read here in years 😅

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

TK Maxx have greatly reduced their non-clothes stuff, too, over the past while (books, toys, kitchen and garden stuff, etc). I've also noticed there are waaay fewer rails of clothes, too.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

As for Argus, they went through financial troubles recently as the cost of tiny pens skyrocketed.

I was shocked to see they had pencils, the last time I was in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I was shocked to see they had pencils, the last time I was in.

That massive queue you see outside IKEA every Sunday isn’t half the country heading to buy cheap but fashionable Swedish furniture; it’s the Argos Argus staff on their weekly pencil raid. It’s known in the industry as the “reverse Viking”.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

The bookies cornered the market on tiny pens.

I despise Argos. TK Maxx can be good for homeware. New Look has been very hit and miss for a while now.

I struggle when not wanting to spend much money on clothes. The choices are pretty bad. Although Penneys can be more of a hit compared with New Look. H&M is ok for basics.

Sezane is my favourite now. Not cheap but I love it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

When you're dependent on run-off products and cheaper side production runs; and there's shortages of everything, you don't really get the stock you need

I'm sure there's plenty of stuff to be bought, out there, but less footfall during covid means less cashflow, so I'm not surprised they're not as well stocked as they were. Then there's Brexit...

Anyway, looks like they've actually made a decision to "centralise" their homeware items in certain shops only.

https://www.homesense.ie/find-a-store

• Advertisement
Advertisement