Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

changing home from house to an apartment (at least for a while)

• 01-11-2021 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Should I expect this might stress my 3yo dog (as she's been living in this house all her life) ? Is there anything I can do to prepare her for this ?

Note that us humans would accompany her; ... can see some adjustments would be needed to her routine.

Anyone that can share anything on the subject is appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

A year ago I moved my 3 dogs into a new home, their ages were 9, 9 and 6. I was expecting the older ones to be the most stressed since they had never moved in their lives.

What I found helped them was familiar furniture/smells, they had their own beds too. It only really took them 24 hours and they settled in, I also took the week off work. Honestly, you are your dogs home, when they have you, that’s what matters the most.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

want to add so far everything is a positive experience, I am grateful. she's been the most adorable companion (as her first time) on a plane (3h) or train (5h) (luck was that I could keep her beside me on the flight, this is not usually allowed I think).

now its warm and cosy living in this 3 beds flat (half the size of my previous house), think she's well settled. we get her for walks few times a day, there are new places to explore; the one inconvenience for us: too much dust in the city, would end up washing her almost after every walk (was joking that this city is not good enough for our dog) ... but telling myself in couple of months this won't be needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Before I came out to the island I moved nine times in less than 20 years. With two then one dog and a plethora of cats. Never an issue re settling, As long as we are there? We are their heart and hearth, their centre and their lodestone. I never had beds for them as they sleep on mine. Wonderful critters!

Advertisement