Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invitation to Tus scheme after having baby 2.5 months ago?

Options
  • 01-11-2021 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all I’m hoping you can help me out.

I’m after receiving a letter of invitation of Tus that basically if I don’t agree to the scheme please give reason why and that it may affect or cut off my payment.

I just had a baby 2,5 months ago and I’m on job seekers. I had meeting a year ago with Tus due to my chronic illness (I’m not entitled to disability) we both agreed I cannot do the scheme as I need access to bathroom at all times. I went onto seetec then and did a year with them.

should I state that in reason why I don’t agree to go on the scheme I’m sure I can’t find a crèche for a baby that is 9 weeks old? I know you are meant to be available to look for work and I am more than happy to work from home what me and seetec has previously agreed.

please any advice in regard to what should I answer in the letter or do? What’s going to happen will they cut me off ?

many thanks

Post edited by MrsThomas on

Best Answer

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭MarkEadie

You will have to go to the Tus meeting I think. They will cut you off if you don't go to Tus I'd bet. The letter makes it sound like you have a choice but you don't. If you say no to the letter you'd get pulled in to sw and have to explain to them. Once you get to the Tus office you have to understand that these people are trying to get you off the live register so you have to be very careful how you deal with them. That's all I'll say since many of them seem to post on here.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Unfortunately you're only really given the grace of 8 weeks after baby is born when on a Jobseekers payment. If you can't avail of childcare then I'm afraid the department will most likely consider you unavailable for full-time work. If you are parenting the baby alone, it would be far better for you to move onto a one-parent payment instead of Jobseekers. If you are not parenting alone and your partner is in employment (over 20 hours per week), they can apply for Working Family Payment which will give them a bonus payment weekly to cover you and your child(ren) and you will no longer have to claim a payment. If your partner is not working either and you are claiming separate payments, it would be best if one of you agree to be the main applicant and apply for the increase for the other partner and the child(ren). This means that the department will only contact the main applicant to engage in schemes and activation meetings, and the other parent can stand in for childcare.

Advertisement