Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Stephens Day 10k and 5k Titanic Quarter Belfast

Options
  • 31-10-2021 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

We are just about to launch a new event for 2021 on Dec 26th in Titanic Quarter. Deadly flat route for a 10k and 5k plus Irish Wheelchair Championships over 10k. To be held as 3 separate races starting at 10am for the 5k then the WCH at 10.45am and the 10k at 11.30am.

Traffic free, one lap course, no tight turns, Premier Inn hotel right beside the finish and start line, loads of car parking and close to the motorway.

Special prize structure plus age group prizes.

Any male who runs 31:15 or under on the day, or a female who runs 38 mins or below gets £100 prize regardless of their place.

They can opt, in advance of the race, to put their £100 into the pot and the highest place male and female finishers of those who opt in, scoops their respective pot and I will double what's in the pot as well. No one will know who has entered or is coming except me or who has opted in. So if 5 males opt in, the pot will be £1000. If the top 2 male finishers don't opt in but 3rd place does then 1st and 2nd get their £100 each and 3rd place gets £1000. If no one opts in then they all get £100 if they meet the standard.

It will also be the inaugural Open Belfast 10k Championships for males and females and teams of 4 to score.

I'm still sorting out sponsors so will be releasing the site for entries asap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Is the route be similar to the Connswater 10K I ran in 2017?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ChampionChip

Not at all. Its all based round the Airport Road West and Heron Road area. 5k is one loop plus an out and back. 10k is one and half loops then an out and back. Not a hill or gradient in sight, ideal PB territory, flat smooth tarmac all the way.

Advertisement