Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wastewater Treatment Plant v Reed Bed

Options
  • 31-10-2021 8:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm in the midst of buying a small rural property and it's been highlighted that the standard septic tank in situ needs to be replaced asap. The tank is located across the road from the house (L type road) so waste travels under the road from the house to the tank (not sure if this makes my life a whole lot more complicated or not). A reed bed was a condition of the most recent planning approval granted on the house a number of years ago but was never installed. I'm happy to implement either option, once they're affordable within reason and can actually be done given the location of the current tank and pipework. I've read a few dubious tales around the reed beds and am wondering if they're a viable option or whether it's a full treatment plant that would be needed and if the road is likely to cause any issues?

Advertisement