Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromebook recommendation anyone?

Options
  • 30-10-2021 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭

Following on from my iPod touch alternative thread, might opt for Chromebook instead.

Basically, better half had suggested getting two of our kids iPods for Christmas, but my problem with that is that this is basically a Google home, as in all devices are Google/Android already.

We don't want them having phones, I had toyed with the idea of getting them decent little android phones with no SIM, so they can use YouTube music (they've their own accounts) and starch Netflix/YouTube/Disney on them, but now I'm thinking of I'm getting them a phone with no SIM, why not check out Chromebooks instead for the bigger screens etc.

No budget as such, but they're 11/9 years old, so not going to be overkill either.

Anyone any thoughts, Phone v Chromebook and if I go down the Chromebook route, any recommendations?

Thanks

Advertisement