Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening an After School service

Options
  • 30-10-2021 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi I am planning on opening an after school childminding service next year. It would be in my home,taking on a max of 12 children between myself and one employee. Can anyone here advise on a price plan for such a service and how to implement it. My friend does afterschool care and she gets caught out with parents not sending kids in/collecting kids early, so she is left short in her money. Is it fair to ask for a set minimum per week or would that turn people off? Any advice from anyone who already does this would be greatly appreciated,I would like to have it organised properly from the beginning.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Rates will depends where you are in the country. Dublin highest, major cities next, then countryside.

The afterschool group I helped to organise when my kids were in primary school did a Junior/Senior Infant pick-up and drop-off back when the older kids were out of class. This was the most popular option. We charged €5 per day (Dublin rate) for this. How far away from the school are you? Is this an option?

Also, if you want me to move this thread to the E&BM forum, just ask. I've never been in this forum before! 🙄

https://www.boards.ie/categories/entrepreneurial-business-management

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kittykoo

Hi yes I would be planning on picking kids up from school with the intention of parents collecting from my home,I'm only a few minutes away from the school. So your afterschool charged 5 euro for the pick-up drop-off option on top of the actual hours being minded? I am based in North Kildare. Yes that would be great thanks if you could move this thread to the suitable area,I haven't a clue!!

Advertisement