Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 30th October 2021 - Charlie Hall Chase Day at Wetherby plus Ascot over the jumps....

Options
  • 29-10-2021 8:53pm

Just starting it off...

Paisley Park makes his seasonal appearance in the Grade 2 hurdle at 2.30. and the enigmatic Cyrname goes in the following race; in the feature at 3.05, and is currently trading at a best priced and general 11/8 shot..

Of the 'seasoned campaigners' taking part in Charlie Hall, nothing makes much appeal in that race currently, but maybe the Christian Williams' 5yr old gelding Kitty's Light - currently available to back at 14s - might go well, and could be worth a second look, esp if the going remains good (good to soft-good in plcs is the given description atm). Only 7 due to go to post, so just the 2 places; but I wouldn't be banking on last year's winner Cyrname; on the back of 2 poor showings, filling either of those.

A couple of decent Handicap/Listed hurdles' races at Ascot as well, as well as a listed Handicap Chase..

Will try and find one or two to back, perhaps elsewhere, regardless of the quality of animal on show!

☺️

Comments

2:30, weatherby, it's hard to see past 'paisley park' over the 3miles all right but I'm taking a punt on 'run for Oscar' e/w......hes shortened to 6/1 from 10/1 this morning......i really liked his attitude ( 1st) in listowel at end of September. Now, that wasn't a great field but he did very little wrong to my eye & this trip should ( hopefully) suit him nicely.

3:05, cyrname for me.....desperate price though, if I was looking at ew ( not for me in 7horse race) I really fancy Fusil Raffles who rarely if ever runs a bad race.

My NAP for tomorrow is the very welcome return of Minella Indo at Down Royal, 2:50, he's in around 5/4 now so it'll be interesting to see the market before race......my guess is he'll go off even money or slightly odds/on.....that 3mile chase won't take much winning & I can't see either of g.elliots 3 entries making it first past the post.

5.30 Wolverhampton MISS TRIXIE 30/1 PP ew

Is drawn low and might have more to offer yet, despite her mainly modest showings to date. Has won one of her 11 races so far, so is not without ability. That was on turf at Lingfield over 6f in July. Hard to dismiss a possible bold showing here; at a massive price, in a race where most of those drawn low tend to race prominently when they find themselves lowly drawn 😂. I'm hoping that this will make the chances of some of the more fancied ones - that are higher drawn - that much harder....

To wit, regarding Beryl The Petal (drawn 6) the current 7/2 fav, Strategic Fortune (drawn 8) the 4/1 2nd fav, and Bare Grills (drawn widest of all in 12, but will likely jump from beside Maahi Ve in 10, on account of a non runner - either way he's drawn widest of the bunch) the top priced 4/1 joint 2nd fav; cases can be made for all of these as '3 place lay' material, going by their current odds...

Gluck 😊

2.30 Wetherby PROSCHEMA 16/1 PP ew

Am surprised (in a good way 😊) by this fellah's price. Has had 9 hurdles' attempts, but has never raced beyond 2 1/2miles. Was vying for favouritism on his return outing 3 weeks ago at Chepstow. That was in a Class 1 Handicap where he carried topweight of 11-12. He ran well for most of that race, but faded late on, and I can easily forgive him that run on the basis of: a 6 month absence, the big weight, and a trip, that was perhaps a bit shorter than what he'd have liked. Apart from that run he'd only raced at that trip (2 1/2m, or very close to it) twice, and those were in the immediate two outings preceding that Chepstow "flop".. In both those (winning) runs at Aintree and Cheltenham, it didn't look as though the extra half mile would stretch him. He's only six, and is a winner at the course over 2m two years ago; and came a good second over that same 2 miles trip, at approx this time last year. Granted, this is far and away his toughest task to date, but, at 10/1 or above, he's at a backable price imo; and 16s looks, to me anyway, to be more than fair...

Like Ken above said, I also think Byrnes' Run For Oscar can go well at 7s (Boyles)

Paul Nicholls' Master Tommytucker is only having his third go over the sticks, at the tender age of ten 😁 At 6/1, he's not for me.

Am happy with my sole ew pick, but if I fancied Paisley Park, I don't think he's unfairly priced at 9/4 Boyles (as well as quite a few of the online books). Can see him getting shorter on account of the housewife factor etc, but unlikely to be getting to a price where he 'can't be overlooked'...

A bit of a controversial one perhaps, but it's all about opinions, and my opinion is that the 2nd fav THOMAS DARBY 7/2 gen has outstanding claims as a three place lay. He was sent off at 28/1 for the Stayers' at Aintree in April.. Granted, he came third that day, and it was his first go at 3 miles or above; but the time of that race was nothing special, and, at 8yrs old, the only race of any significance he's won was on heavy at circa 2.5 miles in January of last year, and, whatever about the trip, I feel he needs it softer in a race like this. Be no surprise if I'm wrong, or if I'm right, but if he does flop tomorrow (today technically) at or about his current odds, I will be surprised if the presenters/pundits/pr'aps the racecaller too doesn't parrot pretty much verbatim my thoughts on Olly's Charge.. (but, I doubt they'll be as bullish as me as regards the negatives of Thomas Darby's chances prior to race 😃)

It's all fun and games is all, and predicting is the main part of the game..

Hope we can all make some coin later on 😋

It's getting on for 2 in the am, and I'm still not sleepy 😊 If sleep beckons, and I'm up at a reasonable hour, I #will back all my picks above. #Won't be laying any, but not through choice, as am not very offay with this internet mallarkey, and am unsure/unable about how to set up an account with BF, and deffo clueless regards uploading/scanning documents etc.. PayPal, and the like, as I often see mentioned on here, which are supposed to be handy for online punting, are another thing I know v little about..

Last thought: A reverse forecast on Proschema and Run For Oscar in the Wetherby 2.30 could yield a tasty dividend!

😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

First jumps SCOOP6 of the season and heres my picks

Gericaultroque, Boothill, Paisleypark/Askdillon/Runforoscar, Oneforrosie/SullydocAA//frerobanbou/greydiamond, Jerrysback, Pagero/Oursuprise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

1.30 Musselburgh, Armattiekan, around 15/8. Lay bet here I'm sure this horse won't win here. Close to my best of the day but few more nice bets lined up. Should be a very profitable day for me. Not a hope Armattiekan will win here.

1.40 Down Royal, Might Potter. Well this horse is around 1/2 and I can't see it winning here. Lay bet here and my best of the day. Very very short, I had it priced at least 7/4 last night so will gladly lay at the shorter odds. Just can't see it winning.

Well, he won that at a canter.........even with Davy Russel taking a fall at the 2nd last mighty potter had that in the bag half a mile out........ Gordon Elliott sure is eating a big dose of humble pie in all his interviews these days.....fairplay to him.....hes got some serious beasts on display at Down royal

Backed all them horses.... A bit less on than I was gonna do; on account of only 11s available on Proschema, when I ventured in; albeit a couple of hours after opening time 😊 I doubt P Power had him at 16s early doors anyhow 😏

Jeez, it's turning out to be a great comeback for g Elliott.......3 in a row....all good winner's........... still, I'm sticking with Minella Info at 2:50............. can't see Gordon Elliott pulling off a win in the next

• Advertisement

E/W on PROSCHEMA............... that turned out to be well spotted.......well done, I was disappointed in 'run for Oscar' ......... After the first 4/5 jumps I could see my money was gone into boylesports Christmas bonus scheme

Thanks 😊 Had an interest in your pick too, but I was mainly watching Proschema's progress throughout the race... Good luck with Minella and Rachael in the upcoming race at DR ☺️

Frodon!!!!!!!!

I'll be honest........didnt fancy him& bryony frost to get that........fairplay, a pillar-to-post ride!!!!!!!!!!!

FRODON way too good,, Nothing else had much of a chance really, with the winner setting a searing pace... Minella Indo perhaps inconvenienced in having to be the lone chaser... Would have been unlucky if Galvin had got up; although, early on, it looked as though Frodon fluffed his lines a bit at a few of the fences.... Didn't stop him from clinging on though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭kksaints

Another super performance from Frodon.

Didn't have a bet in that race, but regardless, I never fancy Frodon! Just couldn't see him doing it again - leading from pillar to post, over them longish distance Grade 1 Chases...

3.13 Musselburgh, Constancio, 5/2 on the exchange currently. I've backed to win here. The money has been pouring into the shops all morning/afternoon for this horse. A lot of fingers burned if it doesn't win here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,939 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Some run by Frodon, might it have been different if Galvin didn't have a change of jockey - who knows.

That was a Grade one performance by Frodon and Frost - must be great to be on a horse you know can run like that.

WELL DONE......5/2..........NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ENVOI ALLEN to win by 5.5L or more for me.....cmon Rachael

• Advertisement

Rachael made that look like a morning gallop.!!!!!!! Back in 'the black' now, thankfully

3.48 Musselburgh, King of May, around 9/4. Lay bet here, pretty sure it won't win. Looked promising in the past but looks a different horse now and looks to be struggling. Won't win.

3.55 Ascot, Shallwedancemore, around 6/4. Backed this to win. Looks a machine and in a dire race, should really win win here in my opinion.

2 more bets on a busy day.

4.08 Newmarket, Zakouski, around 5/4. Horse is on the drift but I get the feeling the money is already down. Win bet here.

1 more in the 4.15 and I'm done for the day.

4.15 Wetherby, Tamar Bridge, around 5/4. Pretty sure this wont win. Last bet of the day for me and a nice bit of info I've gotten here. This is one of those bets where you have the mortgage on. Horse is not primed for today, won't win. I'm out.

7.30 Wolves GOLD SOUK 22/1 PP ew

Plenty I can give solid ew squeaks in this, although none at massive prices; so will take a chance on a speculative pick here on the selection, and it might be worth a euro or 2 each way. Gold Souk is only four, he sports the first-time visor (as well as the previously utilised tonguestrap). He's drawn in stall 5, which is not a bad box to come out of, is down into a Class 6 for the first time since prevailing on the turf at Lingfield in May. Has never ran on the Tapeta surface before, so will count that as a positive. He has ran well enough a couple of times on the AW a couple of times this year; when coming 3rd and 4th over similarish trips at Lingfield and Kempton in January and April. He does put in a few poor showings, and although he doesn't have many placed efforts to his name; he's often not far away distance-wise, at the end. A combination of his lowish draw, first go on the surface, the first-time gear, and down into a basement grade; may well see him put it together today...

gluck

😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Great info there. Was it from the yard? Name the source or was it in your head.

You really are so full of utter sh!t, forum would be so much better without you.

Winner at 25/1!!

Hopefully some got on - I didn't 😊 .... Was unmotivated to leave the house sadly 😂 Them's the breaks... No point crying about the €2.50 or €3 each way I might have had on him.. Better laughing than crying tho.. it's either 😢 😠 or 😀 😂 .. may as well be filosofical... A few 2moro may oblige; tis the hope anyway!!!

THAT was a good find there..... I don't do anything on the flat.....& never any race under 2miles for me......chases/ stayers are my 'vice'. Some good racing today, enjoyed that.

Cheers Ken! A good day's racing alright.. Looked like Proschema had a chance in the hurdle, with a good wait and creep ride from Harry; but the mare was too good,,, And thanks to not backing that latest pick, was not a profitable day...😊 Maybe next Saturday will be as good or better 😁 Conditions will be mostly bog-like all around in the coming weeks, so maybe catch a few with poor recent form figures who might go well, with them back to their preferred surface.. That's the hope anyway..

As for me, anything, flat or jumps, on either side of the Irish Sea (mainly the eastern side though) will do me for a punt.. That's as far as my 'diversifying' extends 😅

• Advertisement

Haha, I'm off on Monday ( accumulated overtime) so I'm off to LAYTOWN for the annual beach run....... Never been, always fancied going for the look/ experience.........WONT be punting ...... just going to have a look.............itll be something different anyhow

Advertisement