Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading to new ipad

Options
  • 29-10-2021 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭

I’ve got a very old iPad mini (mini 2 I think?). Cracked the screen but still working. Have subscription to iCloud but can’t actually use/access it. I have lots of irreplaceable family photos on the tablet so I was thinking of buying IPad mini 2021 and transferring everything across in case the screen cracks completely. Don’t know how this is possible if I can’t use iCloud? (I have used Dropbox in past but out of storage so upgrading there could be an option?)

Also wondering if I do update to mini 2021 does iTunes change to Apple Music? Will I still be able to listen to my old library without paying a subscription?

Any advice great, Im completely clueless about tech!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Your music stays as is, you don't pay anything. You need to figure out if iCloud is orking for you, either through the web or on your computer.

If you go to the Apple support pages it has reams of information about iDevices and how to backup/transfer etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I can't understand why you can't access your iCloud account. If your photos are irreplaceable then it's a bad idea to just store them on a device.

Get your iClourd working as suggested above or use an app like Google Photos to back up your photos.

Advertisement