Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

New Padraig Harrington large Putting green in Marley Park

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ srfc d16

Sounds great. Only around the corner from me. I grew up on the par 3 and it was a big disappointment when they put the astro in.

Hopefully they model it on the Himalayas in St. Andrews. Could have some craic up there with a bunch of mates

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭ Pdoghue

"The design and construction began in recent months, with the next step being to seed the putting green with a blend of grasses which are both indigenous and sustainable."

I'd be curious as to how this will be maintained. Given that it's a free amenity, you could have all types of characters hanging out on the putting green at all times of the day and night. When I heard about it first, I'd assumed it was artificial grass that was being used.

Harro is on the Late Late Show tonight so I guess he'll talk about it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭ prawnsambo

I presume DLR county council will maintain it. Probably with equipment and training donated by the various stakeholders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭ The Big Easy

Advertisement