Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How my taxes have changed

• 28-10-2021 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello, hope you can help me. 3 years ago my husband has being having my credits for taxes then I was in the pup for 1 year and now I am back to work, my husband requested my credits again because it went back to me, but my wages have changed, now I am earning less, I paid all my taxes from the PUP so why this has changed? Why am I earning less if my husband has my credit same as 3 year ago? The accounting people from work got a letter that I dont have credits so accounts from work decided I was getting less money if I am in the same situation as 3 year ago, same job, same wages, my husband has my credits. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ekimiam

I'm a bit confused by your post. You say you've given your credits to your husband. Surely that explains where they've gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭wench

Did you just transfer the credits for the remaining quarter of the year, or the full amount?

PUP is a taxable payment, so if all your credits have been removed, you may now have an outstanding liability for the earlier payments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

You need to login to your revenue MyAccount and compare your tax credit certs from before to now to make sure revenue have transferred the same amount as previous if that is what you want. If not, you can contact revenue to ask why they are different.

If you were on PUP for part of this year and it is a different value to your normal salary things may not settle for a while.

Maybe more of your credits are still applied to social welfare to cover tax due on PUP, they might revert once the claim is closed, but this can take a few weeks. You should be able to tell from looking at the cert.

The transfer of credits to social welfare or your husband and being on a week 1 vs. cumulative basis could impact your pay also.

It's quite a specific question that can only be answered looking at your individual tax situation but there are definitely reasons it could occur and still be correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Caro22

Hello my husband had my credits 3 year ago before the pup and taxes were not that much. My husband didnt have my credits while I was in the PUP but now from september the credits have been given again to my husband but my wages are less, tgey took more taxes than 3 years ago and I am earning same, nothing has changed. I have paid all my PUP taxes including the ones they will charge next year for 2020 so I don't own anything to the tax people.

• Advertisement

Ah okay sorry, I thought your question was specifically about the credits changing. So it's just the tax amount that you're wondering about.

As others have said there are many possible reasons for this. We don't have enough info to advise you.

Advertisement