Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whale Pump

• 27-10-2021 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭

Friend of mine has a caravan with a 12V leisure battery which supplies lighting etc, it is charged from a mains outside socket.

There is another outside combination socket (water to the van +12DCV supply for pump) into which he can plug in the whale pump plug and he can pump from a outside tank to his tap which automatically starts/stops the pump as required. This summer he has "burned out" two new pumps, they each lasted ~ 1 month. He previously had a motorhome with the exact same pump type except installed internally. I checked the plug socket which shows 13.2/13.4DCV while under charge and ~ 12.5/12.7 when charger unplugged. Socket polarity: + on the left pinout & - on the right when looking on the socket. Any ideas as to problem, the pump(s) were never run dry and were only ran for 5 or 6 minutes max now and then.

Any ideas on such a short life?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

When the tap is closed in the power to pump shutting down could a switch or pressure sensor be faulty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭John.G

No, assured by my friend that it was working as per normal, he has extensive motor home experience with the same type pump (with internal tank).

Gave you incorrect info there, the pump in question just "manually" transfers water from a outside tank to the internal tank in the van which has its own pump that cuts in/out on water demand, no problems with this pump, its the external one that burns out, will be having a look at the tank connections in a week or so although informed that the tank was refilling via the pump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Shoog

These pumps hate to run dry, so if its run dry a few times it would probably be the cause.

I was assured that this didn't happen but of course can't swear to this, I will be looking at the system next week, hopefully.

• Advertisement
Advertisement