Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boost pipe

Options
  • 27-10-2021 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi all,

Would anyone happen to know the correct name or part code for this pipe?

2012 vauxhall insignia 2.0 sri

It has a split and I'm looking to replace

Comments

I found your part (may be) but unfortunately that database does not have a part numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Schnooks

Intercooler hose I would think? Or is that the smoother one above it?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Mrgg

Thanks for that, would you think this might be it. I can't post direct link

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

23163578 - Is the correct part number.

Just be careful fitting it - its actually easier if you remove the front bumper - there is an access panel at the right front fog lamp but the clip on that pipe is an absolute b**tard to get on right.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Dirty Nails

Think it's common fault on them. Some people say it's back pressure from the DPF that causes it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Thanks all, got the pipe fitted and it's sorted that problem and code for p2282-52 has gone. I still however have the "Service soon" warning still coming on and when scanned getting code p0674 cylinder 4 glow plug circuit. If I'm looking to replace there seems to be two versions one with a pressure sensor and one without, the pressure sensor one seems to be pricey at near €100 each. Any advice at which is required based on this picture?

With pressure sensor have a 4 wire plug. If you replace the glow plug, replace them all. Do not snap it. It is so easy to snap

God it's getting expensive to replace all 4. Might be one for a mechanic to do as snapping one sounds like a nightmare

Honestly if theyre they ones with the pressure sensor Ive never seen one snap ever in all my time with Opel. I cant really see from your picture but it does look like they are the pressure sensor one. If you want to confirm pm me the reg and Ill double check for you.

Just take your time. Make sure the engine is warm - not really hot. Use a deep socket and the 4 of these can be done in less than 20 minutes- they are really easy to do on the Insignia as you have loads of room to get at them.

Before you buy check with your local Opel dealer as these can be cheaper than a factors from a main dealer if you talk nicely to them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement