Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to an iPod touch?

Options
  • 27-10-2021 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking of getting a few of these for some of my kids, my wife has iPod touch in her head - though we're both on Android devices, the home is littered with Google homes/shield etc.

Thoughts are, they are still too young to have phones, but with an iPod they could still have limited access to certain apps, listen to music etc.

However, my thinking is, they've both got individual YouTube music accounts (under our family acc), and I'm assuming it would be a bit of a pain using Apple OS and platform seeing as we're all on Android.

So I'm thinking of small Android devices that they can install YouTube music on, and have limited access to the net/apps.

No budget as such, but open to all suggestions.

Ages - 9/11

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

Get any android phone,don't need to have a sim in it if you don't want,and install Google family link app so you can monitor and allow what apps they can install.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

That's actually a great idea chris, must have a look at mid range phones in the morning. Cheers

Advertisement