Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me buy a new phone

Options
  • 26-10-2021 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65,147 ✭✭✭✭
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Currently have a Google Pixel 3 XL and battery life isn't as good as it used to. I bought this phone second hand a few years ago, so I think it's time for an upgrade, but I don't follow the market at all, maybe you guys can give me some help?

Must haves:

-waterproof

-wireless charging

-fairly big around 6" with good resolution screen

-as plan Android as possible, but will consider other options

-decent performance, at least on a par with what I have

-big battery if possible, will need at the very least 3AH, preferably more

Budget is flexible, but I rarely splash out on the latest and greatest gadgets when they are brand new and full price

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Keith186

Google Pixel 6 for €650 with Bose 700 earphones included free with the pre-order?

Yes it is new and full price but the headphones make it a good deal that you could sell for €200ish to reduce the cost.

Ordered one myself. I'll be selling a P30 Pro which fits the bill except it's second hand if you're interested!

You would need to order the Pixel now if going down that route, deal is over on 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,147 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Yes just spotted that deal myself, hard to not go for it with the free headphones. Might even fork out for the Pixel 6 pro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Moto g10 is a great phone, it doesn’t have wireless charging though. €149

• Registered Users Posts: 65,147 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Read up a bit more about them, there is very little in it between the Google Pixel 6 and 6 pro in terms of size or functionality (I don't care about camera features much). Was thinking of treating myself to the 6 pro, but the only one in stock in the Irish Google store is the 6 in black, so bought that :-)

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement