Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easiest possible smartphone

Options
  • 26-10-2021 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

I have been using an old-style mobile for the last few years, having had a lot of difficulties trying to use a smartphone a few years ago, in particular because I could not get the on-screen keypad to respond to my touch.

I would now like to have another go at using a smartphone, based on these specs:

Pre-pay with my present number and SIM

Keypad suitable for clumsy fingers

Good standby time/time between recharges

Not paying for internet access when not actually on internet (perhaps wi-fi only connection)?

Camera not a priority

Price range up to about 200 Euro but would go higher if the phone was really suitable.

Any advice gratefully received.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Bump

The Moto G8 Power lite probably suit your needs. Its 110 euro in Argos and has an excellent battery and a large screen.

Is the phone just for making calls and texts or are you planning on using it for anything else?

Any smartphone your going to have turn off data if you don't intend on using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Thanks, UFC.

I would use the phone for calls, texts, Whatsapp, some intermittent internet activity and some apps.

I am not interested in taking pictures, gaming or constant internet availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

a few years ago, in particular because I could not get the on-screen keypad to respond to my touch

How many years? If long enough ago + cheap enough you might have had a resistive screen which is pretty dire. Also the smaller units are harder to type on.

Good standby time/time between recharges

Even a good phone will be like 2 -> 2.5 days. A feature phone can last 10 or more. It'll never really compete on that level.

G8 Power lite or G8 Play would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Every android has a simple interface menu, go to settings, simple mode, wait, a few seconds,https://www.kelco.ie/post/activate-simple-mode-android

Most android phones use the standard stock, interface, ui, the difference,is the brand, name, screen size, battery size, is it 32gig, 64, gig storage, camera, you can buy a huawei phone 6.2 inch screen good battery life for, 150 euro, even camera,s on 80 euro phones are pretty good.

i think Sony make good smartphones with good battery life my phone can last for 2 days, it mostly depends on if i use it for youtube, browsing , how long the battery last .

see phone x Review before you buy ,eg review sony sl70 ,battery life, i dont care about super hd camera,s so i,m never going to buy an iphone. i take maybe 1 photo a month.

• Advertisement
Advertisement