Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Solar panels & issues with birds

• 26-10-2021 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭ zac8

Has anyone had issues with birds nesting under panels? I'm just about to give the go ahead on an install but this is niggling me. We get a lot of swallows nesting in our area and I'm worried they'll start nesting under the panels and wreck the wiring. I've seen mesh that can be attached to the panels to prevent birds getting under them but as I've got curved tiles I don't know how effective they'd be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭ mp3guy

We have a dozen or two swallows nest in the building my panels are on, no problems. Even the mountains of shite they do just washes off when we get a shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭ jkforde

pretty sure they won't, too exposed, even if they do the next good wind will whip them out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭ MAULBROOK

The only worries is them **** on the panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭ zac8

Appreciate the feedback lads, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭ the_amazing_raisin

It can get pretty hot under the panels during summer can't it? I imagine any birds hiding under there will learn their lesson pretty quickly

• Advertisement
Advertisement