Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Fitting Radon Barrier

Options
  • 26-10-2021 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi ,

I am currently renovating an old house and have removed old concrete floors. I am at the stage of getting it ready for a new sub floor but unsure about the Radon barrier at the perimeter of the existing structure. It appears to be a very grey area and no one can confirm a detail. I understand its never going to be as effective as a new build where the radon runs under the DPC at floor level. I have heard that there a wide radon butyl tape that can be got to seal the barrier up along the existing outer walls approximately 300mm. Does anyone know where it can be sourced or is there a better alternative? TIA

Answers

Advertisement