Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Large, solid, free-standing locker (with shelves) for tools etc.

Options
  • 26-10-2021 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm well aware of the lockable sliding-drawer locker types for small tools, but i'm trying to find a large free-standing (maybe 6-7+ ft tall) with some shelving, metal frame and shelves that will take maybe 50+kg per shelf... basically a big, sturdy, lockable locker!

Not throwing much up online, maybe i'm Googling the wrong thing... any suggestions? Budget of approx. €500

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I see this: https://www.ajproducts.ie/warehouse-workshop/storage/cabinets/tool-cabinets/heavy-duty-storage-cabinet-12997-12995

€750 ex. VAT is quite a lot, but if that's the price, that's the price. I just can't see much else online.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 SlitDrip

Have a look for second hand bisley office cabinets .

this one for example. although I've seen a few of the tambour door ones break so look for ones with normal or bifold doors.

donedeal

office-for-sale/tambour-office-storage-cabinets/23436010

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭jack of all

I have one of those office tall lockers with steel shelves (adjustable for height) which I use to store tools, tins of paint etc. It's the cheaper type with doors (not tambour). It's very useful but I wouldn't trust the shelves to carry more than 30kg each. In fact I found the shelves very light in terms of steel gauge so I overlaid them with 9mm OSB to beef them up, much better now.

Advertisement