Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Saorview on Upstairs TV

Options
  • 25-10-2021 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭

I have this antenna mounted to the house (South Donegal). Normally it picks up Saorview as well as NI DTT (I think - I also have an old antenna in the attic but as far as I'm aware it is no longer connected to anything).

The TV signal is distributed to two TV points, one upstairs and one downstairs.

Both TVs pick up the NI DTT signal but the past couple of days only the downstairs TV has the Saorview channels. The upstairs TV was just showing blank screen and no signal strength for the Saorview channels. I tried retuning the upstairs TV but no joy. No problem with Saorview downstairs.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Additional info: there is a powered amplifier between the wall outlet and the downstairs TV. It has to be switched on for the upstairs TV to get the DTT signal. It doesn't affect the Saorview.

Can anyone confirm that the pictured antenna gets my Saorview as well as the DTT? Just so I can rule out the attic antenna, which may or may not still be connected to the system. (Either way, I haven't changed anything in the setup.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

UPDATE:

It seems the issue was with the RF cable between the TV and the wall. Duh.

Auto retune has restored some of the Saorview channels but not all. Missing RTE1 and the RTE1 and RTE2 +1s, which I use quite a lot.

Assume I will have to tune these manually?

Advertisement