Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to M&S Christmas food?

Options
  • 25-10-2021 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

As M&S are not doing their Christmas food this year, just wondering if there are any other retailer out there who would offer the same type of ready to cook product for Christmas dinner? Perhaps Donnybrook Fair or Fallon and Byrne?

Post edited by DebDynamite on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Xander10

I think m&s are not doing the pre-ordered because they cannot guarantee supply post Brexit.

But they will have in-shop Christmas food supplies, the level depending on transport logistics etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Ah cool, thanks! Huge scrum at opening time on Christmas Eve so 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Xander10

I'm hoping most are assuming no supply and then a half price sale Christmas Eve of surplus stock on shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Avoca ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Avoca or some concessionaire within Avoca are offering pre-ordered Christmas food as my brother mentioned potentially using them.

I would expect M&S to have quite a bit in but I wouldn't be looking to do a 23rd/24th pickup anywhere this year. Lot of time left for supply chains to go wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Butlers pantry just launched their xmas prepped menu - pricey mind you!

https://www.thebutlerspantry.ie/christmas/christmas-menu/

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭plastic glass

We got a mixture of butler’s pantry and avoca last year (don’t ask) and we found butler’s pantry a good few steps below in quality, borderline terrible actually. Just my opinion. The turkey in particular

their collection/queuing system was also a joke last year.

Advertisement