Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lamp fittings

Options
  • 25-10-2021 9:50am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

back at woodturning after an extended break.

Am making a yew lamp at the minute but was wondering about the lamp fittings ?

I used to use a brass fitting with a three screw plate on it to attach to the top of the lamp.

What do ye use and where do you buy them, and is there regs now on the lead at the bottom - does it need to be secured ?

Thanks

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I haven't made a lamp for a while either, but I always used to get my lamp fittings from craft supplies https://www.craft-supplies.co.uk/ in the UK. Not sure how easy that is these days with Brexit etc. Always used the brass ones too.

To prevent the lead pulling out, I just tie a half knot in the cable between where it comes out of the central hole and exits the side hole. Seems to work well.

As for any regulations, I really don't know. The only lamps I've made have been as gifts, but if you were selling them, there may be all kinds of rules and regulations you would have to abide by.

Advertisement