Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stowa sell up to Tempus Arte Group

Options
  • 22-10-2021 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭

Evening,

I think this is worthy of a new thread here, and apols if it's been covered already.

Stowa have sold up:

I must say, that initilaly, I'm disappointed. I'm not sure how it will enhace Stowa's offering - apart from filthy lucre!!

I have always liked Stowa for their heritage - albeit interrupted - and their 'boutique approach' ...I fear that will now disappear.

I'm very happy with my Marine 40mm Date -and it even gets the odd compliment 😍 - not sure that independent 'feel' will continue now.....

Anyone else have thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

I wouldn’t think much of it tbh, consolidation has been the name of the game for a long time now. Just look at the chart below.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Tempus fugit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I’ve never seen the attraction to stowa.They’ve always seemed like an overpriced Steinhart to me and at a price point where you can get nice offerings from longines / Hamilton and similar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Their fliegers are good but I'd never have bought mine if it hadn't been half retail. Steinhart pricing is better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,795 ✭✭✭893bet

I would see stowa case and movement finishing as a long way ahead of Steinhart. Stowa really are very well finished and punch way above their price point. Having had a marine from both brands the difference really was night and day IMO. Kinda sorry I sold the Stowa marine. Think it’s still on the forum?

I don’t think this is bad for Stowa but sometimes the bigger company has ideas around “efficiencies” ie slash cost and quality and increase cost. Time will tell. I have had

• Registered Users Posts: 16,542 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I really like Stowa tbh. They have an interesting range of products, their flieger's have a definitive military history albeit a bit Nazi 😳

But they have a credible history, some really nice models, a great sense of quality and some of the stories I've heard re: their support is very good too.

I think the takeover could lead to them being marketed at a higher level than they currently are too. The "luxury" flieger segment is currently pretty much an IWC domain. This move could give Stowa the funding to chip away at that and raise their brand awareness and value.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Advertisement