Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 23rd October 2021

Options
  • 22-10-2021 8:40pm

2.00 Newbury LIGHT INFANTRY 3/1 PP, Boyles

Won easy enough lto at Yarmouth after running green early doors. That was over a furlong shorter on better ground. No reason why this 2yr old shouldn't handle the heavy going tomorrow. Is a viable and value alternative to Charlie Appleby's best priced 6/5 fav Noble Truth... Spencer takes the ride again on David Simcock's colt and will hope Jamie comes with his trademark late surge. The price seems fair and I can't see it getting any bigger...

Gluck 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Boundless Ocean 5.10 Leopardstown .

Should have won last Saturday when blocked in on the rail a furlong out

4.05 Cheltenham MUSTANG ALPHA ew 40/1 gen and with PP

This race has me stumped, and there's way too many on the 'shortlist'.... Will just go with 1 - an outsider, and a speculative one at that 😊 In his favour the selection carries bottom weight, is only 6, cheekpieces applied for the first time, and is first time out for his new trainer (same owner). Formwise, I'm looking at his run at Hereford last October. That was also in a Class 2, was similarly on good ground, and he was staying on over a half mile shorter - albeit in a slowish ran race. He won his ptp, so potentially he's capable of staying this 3m trip. The owner is Mrs Carolyn Kendrick, so she's presumably the mother or aunt of the jockey; so there's that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Heard Explosive Boy is a serious horse. Just bought recently by Sean Ross. GL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Today's each way double (I will land one of these some day!!)

Spanish Tenor 4.00 leop 28s and Rebel Tale in the lucky last 16s. 5 places both

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

I'm looking at the Rebel Tale too but it's so competitive, 5 places is tempting though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Do you think extra 2f will suit? So many likeable types in this race. Duke De Sessa found Group1 too much last time after impressive maiden, G3 could be more manageable. Haggas is shipping one over here too. Basically point&shoot and be lucky type of bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

Few crackers lined up.

1.52 Galway. Choice of words, around 15/8. Lay bet pretty sure it won't win.

2.00 Newbury, Noble truth, around 5/4. My biggest bet in around 4 years. Backed to win. If this gets best I'll pack in gambling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

He looks a well handicapped horse alright and should be competitive off this mark. Whether or not today is the day but he's worth chancing at the price. He has a tendency to break slowly but a good long straight at leopards town will at least help

4.55 Doncaster COUL CAT ew 14/1 gen

Wouldn't want to be opposing the 15/8 fav Canoodled for win purposes, but a lot of these are inconsistent looking types, as is the selection, but I'm hoping he can put up a decent show today. Has some decent form from last winter on softish going. Does like to race prominently, so I'm hoping a few will be to the fore in this; so as to steer clear from the worst of the headwind...

Good luck

Good luck Goat! You might want to find a new hobby in about 2mins time!! 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Don't worry goat you'll be back in a few days talking more shite saying your getting tips from your cousin in churchill downs in 4f sprint races.

In anticipation of the 3.15 Donny...

Was swayed by the AP O'B (won't be the first or last, and probably won't be my last time neither 😅) hype, and went in yesterday and got 8s.... "And he's now 4/1, yes 4/1 for The Derby on the 1st Saturday in June.... No wait, that's gone, is now best priced a hundred to thirty" in anticipation of a facile victory, and last chance to 'get on' at a decent price: "4s, yes, Luxembourg is now 4/1, 

😆

I could look well foolish in a minute's time!

^^

GWAN!! Unlike my post above, Luxembourg didn't make a hames of his race! 😁

Sky Pirate 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

you're **** consistent. I'll give you that much.

Must have missed the bit where SSR quoted Luxembourg's revised price for the Derby😴 Channel 4 woulda been 'all over' that sheett.. Must've happened when I was making a mugga 😁

Never occurred to me before, but, just there, as I was having a whizz; it just dawned on me that A.P. are apt initials for a man whose charges often find themselves atop AntePost lists... It's the little things that amuse me 😁.. nd I managed to git me a pun in there too!

Don't have ITV4, but I'm sure they're going into overdrive with the hype about that last Cheltenham winner 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Bye GOAT (again)

Zero integrity and a clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Stewie Griffin

Just a hunch, but I believe SoG will not give up gambling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

1/100 he’ll be back. Max bet. Biggest bet in 11346 years. If it doesn’t win for me I’ll grow my hair back and eat my own head.

Advertisement