Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cashel pubs - any advice

Options
  • 20-10-2021 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I visited earlier this year, and may visit there again soon.

I like going to pubs.

I was a bit surprised that there are 11 in Cashel, I expected a bit more.

I am looking for advice for good pubs. I went to three last time.

The types I like are not too loud, the type of place where somebody on their own like me has a chance of starting a conversation with a local.

(1) Brosnan's: I walked past this, but didn't go in. Is there outside seating? I think I should try this pub. What's it like?

(2) T.J. Ryan - I didn't go, but I will. Given COVID, I was a slight bit nervous of the crowds I saw in here during the summer, but it looks good.

(3) Brian Boru - looks too big and young for me

(4) Pat Fox's: big bar, I went here, didn't like it, although they did scan my vaccine cert

(5) M.Ryan: this seems to be upmarket, food-led? Not my scene

(6) John J. Feehan: I went here, sat out the back, facing the street up to the Rock. Not mad about it.

Lonergan's bar - does this ever open? It is my style.

(7) City bar - not open when I was in town during the summer, what's it like?

(8) Billy Foley, Friar street: I ended up going here two nights, if not three, large pub, several rooms, large outdoor seating

Plus they have pint bottles of Guinness - is that widely available?

Ladyswell street

(9) Byrne's Capital - no outdoor seating, so I didn't go in, but I might this time

(10) Gleeson

I really welcome any opinions.

I though there was 11, maybe I'm wrong. Have I missed any?

My targets for next week are: 2x Ladyswell, City bar, Lonergan's, T.J. Ryan's.

Advertisement