Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there Primary jobs in Dublin?

Options
  • 20-10-2021 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi I'm from the country and my teacher friends say it's very hard to get a permanent job there.

But I'm living in Dublin with my spouse so I'm hoping to do the Hibernia course, and hope to get a permanent position in any primary school close to our house in Dublin 5. I don't drive. Obviously I can do maternity contracts etc for a while but... Are there plenty more primary jobs in Dublin than in the country?

Sorry if this is dumb. I don't want to be caught out with no job as I'm employed now, course is expensive. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Best thing to do would be to keep an eye out on educationposts.ie. From a quick look it seems like there's a lot of subbing jobs there. Not sure what the situation is with real jobs after that. It looks better than usual at the moment as CLASS hours have just been announced (extra classes for those who fell behind because of Covid). Not sure if there's that many sub jobs normally. I would think being in Dublin would be an advantage. I know a lot of teachers who left due to the cost of living.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BiroDoor

Thanks Dory, I have looked on the websites and in think it depends on the time of the year.

Is anyone here working in a Dublin school? Can you say if they are taking on permanent staff often? Sorry if maybe you don't want to say.

Advertisement