Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel joy!

Options
  • 20-10-2021 8:13pm

Yep, I took the plunge and have got away for a very short trip. Evening has descended on this very quiet peaceful resort in a Crete, so grabbing a moment to comment and maybe encourage others to bite the bullet.

Flight over was lovely and serene my perspective of having paid what I consider a very worthwhile extra of €28 for front seat. Never mind the folk enthusiastic to discharge their variables in the toilet in front of me. I did work out that men generally have more hyperactive bladders and visit the facilities more. Just an interesting aside to maintain 4 hours of entertainment. Pre-flight loadmaster’s signed and printed data input on FMS computer was interesting, though.all done through Bluetooth pad.

todau I enjoyed a full day trip by road train for €20, I had a three course lunch with beer and ouzo for €12.90.

what’s not to like with being away, a bit Covid dodgy or not!

Comments

Upcoming trip soon to California for me soon for about 10 days - after a guy I have only met through forums invited me over for a few different activities. So that will be fun. I get to bring my new bow over too and actually use it. Can't wait.

Feeling the Travel Joy already myself. I am not someone who travels a lot - but the fact it has not really been an option for 2 years just adds to the feeling of normality. Who knew 2 years ago that entirely normal things would soon become exciting again. One of the very few benefits of Covid I suppose. Even going to the cinema for the first time felt like an event again.

Enjoy, have fun!!! You live only once!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Currently in a hotel close to airport, off to my happy place early am, can’t wait

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Seems mad, but we were away months ago. Went on a cruise from Barcelona and had 3 nights post cruise in Barcelona in August.

Problems: none

Cases on board: zero.

Everyone on board was tested before and after.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Currently on my second international trip in nearly two years, by coincidence both to Toronto in the last month. I have my air miles for the year (lots of domestic US flights), so waiting for things to settle down a bit before starting again next year. In the meantime, happy my family can finally come visit now the US has opened borders.

• Advertisement

Just back from short Crete trip. Airport security in Chania insisted de get “come closer” so there was some relatively “unwanted intimacy”, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'm heading over to London next month to visit some family. I can't wait to find the shelves empty at the duty free. 🙃

Heading out again in 2 days to Turkey for another short break. Had to cram my trips on top of each other at end of season because of pandemic postponements. Not my choosing, but it’s how I’m getting what I paid for.

I’m Turkey now, for a few days. Forced to take the two trips end-to-end at end of season! Really feeling the benefits psychologically. Travel is mind-opening, the pandemic has been mind-closing.

Got to Romania for a weekend at beginning of December, and (here’s hoping!) spending the Christmas in Tenerife. Did I hear something mentioned about quarantining in a hotel this morning 😱 hope not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭NSAman

First time home in Two years next week....so happy, am counting the hours!

Oh wow… that is exciting. When I went on my first trip in ages to Crete in October et I hardly wanted to go at all, simply because I was kind of expecting it not to happen, and just couldn’t drum up the enthusiasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Who's minding BooBoo?

He’s got his self-feeder, waterer plus his friend dropping in.

Advertisement