Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this for real?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Ads like that are all over facebook....cheap crap...

OP - Nope not real...

Post edited by BronsonTB on

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,184 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

why would you bother? It is clearly a scam. website less than a month old when they say they are in business since 2018. free worldwide shipping on a heavy item.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Even if it wasn't a scam, I wouldn't be lifting my bike in the air like that with some cheap crap.

Abba stand me hole... an abba stand costs 10 times that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

It's a scam. Practically all of the obviously far-too-cheap stuff linked to on FB is sold by scammers. They usually will actually send you something, but it will not be what you ordered. Normally something cheap (and more importantly light, to keep postage costs down). It will have a tracking number, so when you go off and complain to paypal (or try a Charge-back) they will insist that you received the item....they even have the tracking number as proof of delivery.

I've seen decent sized Garden Sheds for €60, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Silent Shrill

It is as I first thought, a scam. I just wanted to see if anyone had actually attempted to buy one. Same with those sheds you write about.

How is facebook allowed to get away with fraud sales on their site? They spout loads of employees, confidentiality, Political Correctness, downing certain ads, etc., but they have no-one to filter scams? Facebook obviously know it is a scam, but want the advertising fee more than it's patrons safety and security. Then, as you say, paypal honour the sale as it's tracked, and if you want to get your money back you have to return it via tracked, which could be quite a hefty price. Facebook has these type of ads very frequently, and seem to be happy letting the public be conned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I have an Abba stand and it set me back over £550 including all the fittings. No way you're getting one for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

How is facebook allowed to get away with fraud sales on their site?

Facebook don't give a fook about anything, from promoting nazis to encouraging teens to starve themselves and/or commit suicide, as long as they can turn a buck out of it.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭beachhead

Too true.Now Zuckerberg is changing his spots(he thinks)by dumping FB name.His wife Chan is on the do gooder publicity trail-giving away her billions.Who are they kidding.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Future US president. Not kidding (wish I was).

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement